Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

FEA is cute but the animatronics have aged so badly that it’s actively distracting to me. I always joke Anna and Elsa look like they don’t blend their foundation back to their hairline. I think I would be much less meh on it if we got the HK upgrades.
I really wish they would replace the Epcot FEA animatronics with ones similar to its HKDL counterpart.
Lol, guess you aren't ever going to ride it again. I am willing to give anything a try and I guess I'm just a sucker because I even enjoy iasw. Oh well if people are that upset it just means the ride line will be shorter. They won't be changing this for a very long time considering it isn't even officially open yet.
I don't want to watch the video until I ride it. That said, I have said from the beginning that they should have Dr. Facillier if only because Keith David is awesome and has an amazing voice! Any excuse to hear his slick and debonnaire voice is always good with me.
Gonna be real with you for a second but Disney isn't going to do that lol

With that said, I am very surprised at the reaction to the POV. The like to dislike ratio is almost evenly split on Disney's upload on YouTube. Comments are almost all negative. I expected it to be the other way around.
Fine. Whatever. You guys can go on the new ride when it opens and whenever you want, but don’t say I didn’t warn you on its reception.

IMO, I’d wait until Bob Iger is finally replaced so they can make moderate changes to the ride.

I really wish they would replace the Epcot FEA animatronics with ones similar to its HKDL counterpart.

Fine. Whatever. You guys can go on the new ride when it opens and whenever you want, but don’t say I didn’t warn you on its reception.

IMO, I’d wait until Bob Iger is finally replaced so they can make moderate changes to the ride.
I think you'll be waiting longer than that tbh. People don't like things and that is fine but those things don't just change for those people. It's a brand new theme for the ride and there have been worse things that people disliked more that stuck around longer. FEA, figment, soarin to name a few.

Yikes! So many negative reactions to the ride in the comments, and I agree with them actually.

I’m not riding this until it becomes an original non-PATF ride and has a new story involving a rabbit or some other animal's troubles, similar to what Br'er Rabbit went through. Same thing goes with the upcoming Disneyland version. The ride should still be set in the bayou, but just have the Princess and the Frog IP stripped away from it.

I mean, it's too late for Disney to bring back Splash Mountain. They can't restore that ride to its former glory, but they can make something better out of Tiana's Bayou Adventure. Ain't too late to do that.

Agreed. Kind is crazy they are all bad comments with hundreds and hundreds of likes on all of them. It even have more dislikes in the video then likes.

I’ll still try it of course but it’s not gonna change what I think of it by the video.

Huh? Iger likely had no hand in the redesign. SM was my favorite ride but everything changes. Not going to stop me from going to WDW. Looking forward to see the new version.

I miss the Great Movie Ride but throughly enjoy MMRT

Awww, I think it looks cute! I prefer this lush setting over Splash Mountain, TBH. I honestly don't see what the problem with this new ride is unless people are just nostalgic over the old one?
I didn't watch the video because I don't want to spoil it, but I'm really looking forward to riding it! Princess and the Frog is one of my favorite movies, and I love many of the characters like Mama Odie and Louis.

Honestly, I didn't think the problem is the ride, it's people. Especially people online. I take internet breaks periodically because otherwise I'd get the impression everyone's just angry all the time

I didn't watch the video because I don't want to spoil it, but I'm really looking forward to riding it! Princess and the Frog is one of my favorite movies, and I love many of the characters like Mama Odie and Louis.

Honestly, I didn't think the problem is the ride, it's people. Especially people online. I take internet breaks periodically because otherwise I'd get the impression everyone's just angry all the time

One of the biggest issues is that people have these exacting ideas of what something should be, and if it deviates from that even slightly, they can't stand it. Sure, maybe this ride is not what I would have done or how I would've done it, but that doesn't mean that it's automatically bad.

I’ll actually be in Tokyo in November and WDW in January and I’ve never rode Splash so I am planning to ride both. If you want an objective take from someone who has no pre-existing sentiments towards SM stay tuned. However, my guess is that my review will be “they’re both fine”.

Oh, and I’ve never seen Tiana or whatever the heck Splash is based on. So really, coming in with a clean slate.

I think you'll be waiting longer than that tbh. People don't like things and that is fine but those things don't just change for those people. It's a brand new theme for the ride and there have been worse things that people disliked more that stuck around longer. FEA, figment, soarin to name a few.
Try telling that to "Journey Into YOUR Imagination", a revamp/retheme of the original Journey Into Imagination ride that lasted from 1999 to 2001. It got negative reception.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter